Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ryan's Cootie Catcher

So today was Stake Conference at church. A 2 hour meeting with no breaks, hundreds of people crammed into the chapel and cultural hall. I have to admit, with 4 kids it is hard to really feel the spirit or hear anything for that matter, but we do our best. Isn't that what is important? :) Okay, so I was pretty sure the meeting was almost over. We'd heard like 6 people talk, the choir had sung twice, the congregation had sung the intermediate hymn. I looked over at Mark (who I am pretty sure was downloading midnight sun on his phone. Men can get away with that though, they just pretend they are reading their scriptures. uh huh. whatever.) Anyway, I asked him what time it was...10:07. Are you serious? We had a whole nother hour!

So I took Ryan for a little walk. We got a drink. La la la. Got back to our seats, and Mark had made Cait a Cootie Catcher. Very appropriate for Cait. The only friend names from school she can remember are all the little boys. Okay, so Ryan decides he wants 'one' too. Mark won't make it for him, so I told him I would. I am half way through folding the paper when Ryan shouts "I want my Booty Catcher". He will not stop screaming this over and over. I was laughing so hard I could not continue to make it, so he kept screaming, and I kept laughing, and he got so mad he wadded the paper up and threw it across the aisle. The man it hit just smiled. Nice of him to do so since we were disrupting the whole area we were seated in. So I had to pick Ryan up, screaming about his Booty Catcher and haul him out of the chapel. Him and I did not go back in. We went outside to look for weird bugs.

Ryan is probably the funniest kid I know.
Everyday is fun...in all kinds of adventurous ways!

3 comments:

Grammy T. said...

At least you can go out for walks ;)D

Elisa said...

I totally admit to skipping a couple stake conferences since we had kids. It's such a LONG two hours!! Plus, around here, you have to get there an hour early if you want a normal seat! ugh. Cait's hair is looking so cute!

keep klein-man said...

That is funny! He is so cute...