Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cowgirl Lessons....


Cait has been taking horse riding lessons this summer. (Again, sooo cute. Isn't she always? Her legs are so short... she has special stirrups. And when she tries to kick to giddyup it is hilarious because the horse can't even feel it.) Anyway, she is funny because when I pick her up from lessons I always ask her what she learned. She never really has much to say...I rode 'Grandma' the horse yada yada yada. But she never really gives me any details. So it is my favorite when she randomly tells me about what cowgirls do, usually we are out running errands or just hanging around the house when she mentions things like....

"Hey mom, cowgirls don't need water bottles. Cowgirls drink from a hose".

"Hey mom, this is how you are supposed to hold the reigns. (Demonstrates to me from the back seat) Cowgirls do it with 1 hand, not 2."

"I think I need those sharp pointy thingys for my boots". (spurs, uhhhh not a chance Cait)

"We should NOT get a bull. It would run us over"

"Cowgirls don't hold on to the horns, just when you want to lasso a cow" - Good to know. I wander if I could round up the kids for dinner that way?

"Cowgirls don't have to go fast, you can go slow if you want to." (Are you guessing she does not like to gallop? Therefor it is just fine to go slow. This is why she chooses to ride 'grandma' everyday.)

So, according to Cait, now you know how to be a cowgirl!

4 comments:

Elisa said...

that is so cute! I always wanted to take riding lessons as a kid, we'll see if one of our girlies is into that one day.

keep klein-man said...

GIDDYUP... I love it! She is way tooooo cute. I am so happy we can learn from her on how to be a COWGIL. Avery tells me things all the time too. All I have to say is Smile, Smile and more SMILES. That is all I see from Cait and Ave.

keep klein-man said...

I ment COWGIRL!!

Lisa said...

So cute. Good for you to write them all down. My kids are anxious to take lessons again. They love it!