Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Skunks!


Tuesday after school Josh was looking out the back window and he casually said, "Hey mom, I think there is a skunk in the backyard." Well, upon further inspection, there was not A skunk in the backyard, but there were 4 baby skunks in our backyard. Which means, there is probably a mom and a dad as well. WE think they are nesting in the back corner. So what do you think the boys did? They immediately wanted to throw things at the skunks. I quickly informed them that if they were sprayed by a skunk they would be sleeping outside for the next week or two until the stink wore off. This in NO Way discouraged them from wanting to get at the skunks. So what do you do? I locked all the kids in the house and threatened them with their lives if they went out back to bother the skunks. Of course they snuck out when I was not looking. Apparently they do not fear me at all. Fortunately, no one has gotten sprayed. Hopefully the skunks will move on to someone elses backyard. I will keep you posted!

0 comments: